Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's only Twitter

I get it, it's ONLY Twitter, but how many times has Twitter kept each and every one of us sane? It's not "only" Twitter then, it's your lifeline. How many married people have found solace from a crumbling and unsatisfying marriage? How many sad and lonely people have found friendship and camaraderie? How many people have fucked someone from Twitter? Fallen in love from afar? Had their heart broken? Yet one is supposed to be comforted by it "only" being "Twitter" when we feel hurt by it. 

So Twitter is perfectly valid when it incites emotions that are positive, but it becomes illegitimate when they're hurtful feelings? I just want to get the rules right, because god forbid I do Twitter wrong.

I guess it's only Twitter when someone else is having a good time, and that good time has offended and/or hurt someone. Gotcha.

To diminish one's emotions is to rob us of the human experience. Overreacting and feeling butthurt is a critical component of living life. You know what's also a critical component of living life? Moving on from that hurt, from little hurts and big hurts and broken hearts and paper cuts to the heart, that's what we're supposed to do. We're supposed to learn and evolve and not stay stuck in those moments of pain, even when they take our breath away.

So yes, it's Twitter, but it's not only Twitter, it's a part of our lives, and our emotional reactions are valid, even when they're unreasonable. How can we learn from it if we dismiss it as "only Twitter?"

4 comments:

  1. Often Twitter is exactly what I need to hear, even if I am just talking to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How else but twitter would I get to argue and discuss things anal sex if it were not for wonderful people like you.

    TheShepherd47

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. i use it all day. it can't just be "only twitter" for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you, it's not "only" twitter. It has become a big part of my day and it has kept me sane through terrible times. It makes me laugh, it makes me feel loved and yes, on occasion it has also made me cry. It can never be "only" twitter!

    Rebel xox

    ReplyDelete